Sustainable Development Impacts
The Project activity will:
- Reduce GHG emissions stemming from the use of non-renewable biomass and fuel wood consumption.
- Reduce deforestation, environmental degradation and associated risks to water, soil and biodiversity.
- Reduce adverse health effects associated with indoor air particulate matter inhalation form smoke.
- Reduce poverty by reducing annual expenditure on cooking fuels, reducing time spent gathering firewood, and free time for other activities.
- Enhance energy security and increase environmental awareness and community integration.